This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure.
I have a history of losing weight and gaining it back. I wish I could blame it on hormones, but the fact is we have so many different factors to contend with when it comes to weight.
If you’re looking to lose weight fast at home with minimal, or no equipment, keep reading.
Maybe your gyms are still closed in your state or you simply don’t have the time or money to invest in the gym.
Before I jump into the exercises, though, a word of caution. Resist the urge to sign up for Beachbody. Their on-demand programs are great, but oftentimes the coaches will hound you about the “opportunity” to help others get fit and healthy while making money.
I went down this road several years ago and wrote about why I quit Beachbody coaching here (and why I would never recommend it).
To be frank: Beachbody coaches want to sell you Shakeology, an expensive protein “superfood” shake that you really don’t need to lose weight.
7 At-Home Exercises for Fast Weight Loss
1. Lose Weight Fast At Home with Interval Training
Also called HIIT, or high-intensity interval training, this exercise is, without a doubt, the best way to lose weight fast at home with no equipment.
An easy way to describe HIIT is that it consists of short bursts of intense exercises followed by less intense periods of rest to lower your heart rate.
The easiest way to do HIIT sprints is to time yourself:
1 rotation is 30 seconds sprint, 60 seconds steady pace (walking). Make sure you are going as hard as you can during the “sprint” periods.
Start with 10 rotations twice a week and work your way up to 40 minutes a day 4 days per week, and you will lose weight FAST.
You should never do HIIT as fasted cardio. Perform HIIT workouts post-strength training (weights) or later in the day (not fasted first thing in the morning).
You need fuel and energy to perform HIIT workouts.
2. Steady State Cardio
At least 2-3 days per week, you should perform steady state cardio. Steady state cardio is simply walking at a fast pace, keeping your heart rate steady.
This type of cardio is a recovery exercise that helps you continue burning calories after a hard workout.
Performed alone, it won’t do much to help lose weight fast, though, so use it as a supplement on days you don’t the energy for HIIT.
3. Weight Training
This is my favorite way to burn calories. In fact, by combining weight training and cardio with clean eating, I lost 25 pounds.
Deadlifts, squats, and bench as well as other accessory exercises will help you lose weight.
And don’t believe for a second that women who lift weights look manly. This is a myth, and it needs to go away!
Check out my review of online personal trainer, Lukas Duncan’s, 8-week transformation program. His coaching helped me lose 12 pounds in 8 weeks, and I kept going to lose a total of 25 pounds.
Boxing is a fun way to burn lots of calories. In an intense hour-long session, you can easily burn 500-600 calories!
You’ll also build muscle mass and gain strength in your legs, arms, back, shoulders, and core.
Most gyms offer fitness classes (including boxing), but I actually went virtual with my classes so I could do boxing from home with my kids!
We purchased my son a Playstation 4 a few years ago and added the Playstation VR for Christmas last year.
Two of our favorite games are BoxVR and Beat Saber (a game where you slash neon notes with light sabers to popular music).
- Awarded best VR cardio Fitness game of 2018, box VR brings music enhanced, boxing inspired workouts to virtual reality.
- Workout classes by Fitness experts: leading Fitness instructor help US produce a variety of boxing workouts, specifically designed to destroy calories in the most entertaining way ever devised!
- Every workout is recorded so you can see how many calories you’ve burned. Set your own goals and see your progress day by day to stay motivated.
- From Rock to pop, Dance to hip Hop, we’ve got over 100 different music tracks. You can create your own workouts with varying levels of intensity. Build and save as many custom routines as you like.
Some people love to run. I am not one of those people. However, you can stay slim if you run miles and miles multiple days per week.
As a busy mom, I don’t have time to spend running or walking miles, so I opt for interval training instead.
But you can definitely shred some weight by picking up running as a daily activity.
This shirt perfectly explains how I feel about running!
- ❁Material: Cotton blend, soft fabric with a little stretchy and light weight, Comfortable and Breathable to wear.
- ❁Features: Funny christian bible verse shirt that says I wanted to go jogging but proverbs 28:1 says the wicked run when no one is chasing them, so theres that letter print T-Shirts, funny saying tees, short sleeve, crew neck, loose fit top blouse, casual style.
- ❁Match: Suit for women and juniors girls, fashion street style, easy to match clothing, great to wear with jeans, pants etc.
- ❁ I wanted to go jogging but proverbs 28:1 tshirt bible verse gift. Funny Christianity fitness shirt. Great birthday gift novelty themed humor item or Christmas gift idea.
- ❁Occasion: Great for casual, sports, office, beach, holiday, social events, party, chores, school and yoga etc.
If you really, really hate running, take advantage of your community pool, neighbor’s pool, or bite the bullet and pay for a YMCA membership.
Swimming is so great for your joints, and it’s a wonderful recovery exercise!
If you swim often enough and for longer periods of time, you can lose weight.
7. Yoga or Pilates
Ok…these two are not going to help you drop a ton of weight, but they will increase flexibility so that you can push harder and longer for other, more intense workouts.
Yoga also helps with mindfulness (something you’ll need to fight off cravings and stay consistent with workouts).
I know I mentioned that I really loathe Beachbody as a business model. But their workout programs are legit.
One of my favorite programs to this day is Chalene Johnson’s PIYO. It’s a combination of pilates and yoga, and it will work you over!
You don’t need to visit Beachbody and sign up to have a coach in order to buy it. Amazon actually sells the DVD’s so you don’t have to get hounded about joining a multi-level marketing scheme.
PIYO is good for the mind, body, and soul. I highly recommend it to your workout routine.
These 7 exercises are great for losing weight fast and building muscle. Start by choosing one or two and find what works for you!
Remember…fitness is never “one size fits all”, so what works for one person may not work for you.
Consistency and hard work will pay off if you just start today!
I’ve done all the things! Girl, I’ve washed my face. I’ve trashed everything that doesn’t spark joy. I’ve walked the baby steps. I’ve cried. I’ve prayed, but my perfectionism has really held me back.
Perfection Hangover can be crippling. Stop comparing yourself to others and start living your best life! That’s why PH exists! I want to encourage you to take control of your money, your blog, and your business.
Last update on 2020-06-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API